Excel – How to split a column in 2 or 3
Do you have a column containing a full name, like this:-
….that you’d prefer to have separated into first and last name ?
It’s very simple to separate them using a few steps in Excel. Here’s how:-1. Select the column containing the name (by clicking on the letter at the top)
2. Click on the tab called “Data”
3. Click on the button called “Text to Columns” (as you can see in the screenshot below)
4. The following window will appear – just click “Next” to proceed:-
5. The following window will appear – in this case the Preview shows you have the correct option, so you can click on “Next”.
6. The following screen will appear – in this case the default option is fine, so you can click on “Finish”.
7. Here’s the result:-
If you enjoy this article, please click on “Like” to let me know – and/or write a comment below 🙂